FUTURE HOME OF MOTION PROJECT –
The Natalie Barnhard Center for Activity-Based Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation and Recovery
If you can dream it... Natalie Barnhard has envisioned a state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility here in Buffalo, New York to help the spinal cord injured in this area for the last 10 years. The future home of Motion Project is a great space centrally located at 4820 Genesee Street in Cheektowaga, New York. Work is being done on the space so that we can help so many in western New York with a spinal cord injury and other neurological disorders to put their recovery in motion.
The Motion Project Center will be an activity-based, intense program tailored specically for those who have suffered a spinal cord injury to reach a whole body recovery — physical and emotional. It will house specialized equipment, assistive technology, space for counseling and family education, adaptive bathrooms and other specialized amenities.
Motion Project Center will collaborate with the University of Buffalo to offer:
- Support for the everyday demand of life for people with a spinal cord injury
- Activity-based therapy. Activity-based therapy focuses on life-long wellness, building as much strength and function as possible to:
- Promote neuromuscular recovery where there is potential
- Help maintain physical readiness for neural recovery
- Improve quality of life
- Enhance lifelong health and wellness and hope for a brighter future